Wednesday, November 11, 2009

The Way We Get By



I saw this on one of my very favorite wedding blogs, Style Me Pretty, and I just had to share. The award winning documentary "The Way We Get By" is about three senior citizens who gather daily at a Maine airport as troop greeters. Go here for the film's full synopsis, trailer, etc.

Putting all political views on the war aside, this looks like an amazing story, not only about what these people are doing, but their personal lives as well. The trailer itself had me totally choked up. AND lucky us, it just so happens that the film is nationally broadcasting on PBS tonight at 9PM! Check it out!

image/ thewaywegetbymovie.com

7 comments:

  1. Oh, I am totally checking this out.. as in right now.. This is totally up my alley!

    And I originally came over to tell ya I just saw your comment-happened to be online just now-and I would TOTALLY want hair extensions! ha! I feel your pain on wanting long, luxe hair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for posting this. I need to see this now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like a great movie with a lot of heart. I love the quote from the gentleman at the end when he says, "My life doesn't mean a lot to me but if I can make it better for someone else..." That's so sweet. by the way thank you for the comments you left earlier in the week. That was very thoughtful and much appreciated!

    btw Cheese Please soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haven't heard about it, but will check it out!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my gosh that's amazing. thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  6. AW! I love this...how totally adorable?!?!

    ReplyDelete