Wednesday, October 21, 2009

INA! Yeah, we're on a first name basis......


I love you Ina Garten. Not only for your amazing home that I would kill for, but I swear you are the Queen Midas of cooking, everything you touch turns into deliciousness.
Back a couple months ago when I was unemployed and had time to 1) cook and 2) go to Pike Place Market in the middle of the day, I made her Roasted Winter Vegetable Soup. Well, technically I made the Roasted Winter Vegetables first and then made the leftovers into the soup (she is a genius). I just defrosted the soup a couple of weeks ago and it was fantastic! Ina does it again! It was incredibly filling and had great flavor. It's the perfect soup for this time of the year. I highly recommend......but then again, there really isn't anything of hers I wouldn't!

6 comments:

  1. wow!! That looks absolutely delicious!!!! Maybe i'll try it this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love her too! Seriously her cookbooks are amazing. I loved that soup you made for us, the roasted tomato soup one, with the grilled cheese! I'm coming over next time you make it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been looking for a great fall soup...this may be it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmm... this soup sounds delicious! I always love coming across new recipes like this, and Ina certainly doesn't disappoint. :) I'm glad to hear you loved it- I'll have to try it soon! There's nothing better than a hearty, filling soup on a cold late fall or winter day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got my blogger partner Megan an autographed copy of one of her cookbooks. She big puffy hearts her. I'm a Paula Deen girl myself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. she is awesome! i have to try that soup it sounds soo yuummmmmmy!

    ReplyDelete