Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Sometimes it's Good to be Crabby


Being from the Pacific NW, I am a little biased when it comes to crab. Dungeness Crab beats out all other types in my opinion. This weekend my family decided to go to the Port Angeles Dungeness Crab & Seafood Festival. After a ferry ride and what seemed like hours of driving (although I did get some good reading time in), we somehow escaped the rainy Seattle weather and made it to the nice and dry Port Angeles. Once we arrived, we encountered the typical tents selling random things (think crab hats, which some in our party couldn't resist buying) and passing out information, but we went straight to the one tent that lured us from 3 hours away. The FOOD tent. You could have crab any way possible and we sampled a good portion of the options. Between the five of us, we had a few plates of crab cakes, a couple bowls of crab bisque, crab rolls, whole Dungeness crab, and crab fried rice (we later topped it all off with some crepes). My absolute favorite was the crab fried rice, delicious!
In typical fashion, I didn't take any pictures, but it was as good as it sounds. If you are in the Seattle area, I would totally suggest making the trip out next year. Just be prepared for a long, but scenic drive to get there.

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun, probably worth the drive for the sunny weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun! I totally want to do that next year - and get an awesome hat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i hate seafood, but i wish i didnt, seafood festivals always seem soo fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds delicious, I'll have to go check it out. Because I *heart* crab!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have some great royalty free stock photos you can use for this post. Crab vests, crab, rice, the works....

    ReplyDelete